BUDDHISM & GANDHARA
Buddhism flourished in the region of present Pakistan, centuries ago.
There are several places of interest throughout the country i.e. Hunza, Gilgit,
Skardu, Shard, Mansehra, Rawat and even in Sind, however the area with most
rich heritage is Taxila, Peshawar and lower Swat valley. We have designed a
program to visit the key places in this region.
Day 01: Islamabad – Peshawar – Peshawar Museum (200kms/3hrs)
Drive to Peshawar and transfer to hotel on arrival.
In the afternoon, we will visit Peshawar Museum, housing a good collection of Buddhist artifact.
Later on, the city sightseeing tour would include a visit to Qissa Khawani bazaar and Masjid Mohabat Khan.
Day 02: Peshawar – Saidu Shareef (Swat Valley) (170kms/5hrs)
After breakfast in hotel, we will depart for Swat Valley and on arrival transfer to hotel.
In the afternoon, we will drive to Manglore, a nearby town to visit the laregest rock
cared figure of Lord Buddha at Jahanabad.
Day 03: Saidu Shareef – Takhat-e-Bahi – Shahbaz Garhi – Khanpur (230kms/7hrs)
- After breakfast, we will checkout and visit Swat Archaeological
- Museum, mainly with the collection of Buddhism relics and pieces of art.
- We will visit the site of Butkara 1 as well, prior leaving Swat
- Valley. Crossing the picturesque Malakand Pass, we will make stop at Takhat-e-Bahi, one of the
- most important sites in the region.
- Resuming our drive, we will visit the Ashoka Rock Inscription at Shahbaz Garhi near Mardan.
- We continue our drive to Taxila and make a night stop at Khanpur, a scenic spot with turquoise green lake.
Day 04: Khanpur – Jaulian – Sirkap – Taxila Museum – Islamabad (60kms/2hrs)
After breakfast, we will check out and visit the famous site of Jaulian with a good collection
of votive stupas and statues in the monastery above a hillock.
We will later visit the site of Sirkap, which was the second city of Taxila and then visit the Archaeological
Museum of Taxila, which would complete the story of the tour.
We will drive back to Islamabad and drop participants at the designated spot.
END OF TOUR…
- Private air conditioned transport
- Accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily breakfast
- English speaking guide for complete tour
- Basic First Aid kit
- Late checkout, if different from standard checkout time
- Personal insurance of clients/luggage
- Meals other than breakfast
- Laundry, beverages & phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
- Extra expenses due to the acts of nature and political reasons etc.
- Medical aid, evacuation or extra expenses in emergencies
- Any item not mentioned above
BUDDHISM & GANDHARA BOOKING REQUEST
GIVE US A CALL
Mobile : +923497882923
Address: Sarwan Travel & Tour, Malik complex, Blue Area , Islamabad, Pakistan
GIVE US A MESSAGE